Academic writing: key issues and techniques
Induction Course disseminated multiple sclerosis in Media Management/Public Relations (Vietnam) Dr An Nguyen Danang, 11/10/2009 Danang,
Today’s agenda Today’
1. 2. 3. Essay school principals and sign planning Key writing/reasoning techniques Citations and references
Part I: Essay questions and initial planning
1. What is an essay? 2. take careing essay questions 3. initial planning for an essay
What is an academic essay?
& fuzzs eye; Not a place to voice your personal opinions on an issue!
– ad hominem opinions not always wellspring founded.
• Not a place to demonstrate all what you know about a topic!
• But an opportunity to answer a specific question in an intellectual manner
– Comprehensive, well informed, well supported, and balance answer to the specific question
More particularly, you need to
• focus on a specific problem • identify the most important issues involved • explore the facts • identify the principles underlying the facts • examine the living theories developed to account for the facts
• evaluate the relative cling to of these theories • examine their implications • come to a considered, balanced and reasoned judgement • relate this issue to a wider context
You need at least four weeks to… to…
1. Consider the question and all the issues involved 2. Find and get related materials
• books, journal articles, newspaper articles etc.
3. Read and take notes 4. Discuss it with early(a) students and tutors/lecturers 5. Put everything together to filter only what is relevant
7. Put an initial argument together 8. Explore different approaches 9. Rank your ideas in order of importance
10. Refine your arguments 11. Go back to the materials and look for proofs of points you be in possession of made 12. Write first, second ... final drafts 13. Leave it abundant enough to be able to revise it with new eyes
Understand the question first!...If you want to get a generous essay, order it on our website: Orderessay
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my essay .