Introduction & Hypothesis
The purpose of this experimentation was to gain a better understand of osmosis. We conducted an experiment using dialysis bags filled with dissimilar solutes and recorded the process that moved the water and or solute into or unwrap of the bags. Additionally, we postulated that bag 1 containing 10 ml of 10% saccharose in the distilled water beaker provide work a hypertonic solution beca enforce the sucrose willing move into the beaker. In conjunction with the previous statement, we believe bag 2 (10 ml of dH20 in a 10% sucrose beaker) will become a hypotonic solution and bag 3 (10 ml of 10% sucrose in a sucrose beaker) will remain a isotonic solution.
Materials & Methods:
1. Locate the 400ml beakers in the lab, you will need three. Then with the get hold of writing tool, pit the beakers 1-3.
2. Locate the beaker you labeled 1 and add 200 ml of distilled water. Then add 200 ml of the 10 % sucrose to both beakers labeled 2 and 3.
3. Find the dialysis subway in the lab, make true it has been submerged in water and apprehension 3 tubes. Also you will need to get half-dozen pieces of cotton strings and cut them to the length of four inches; you will need this to tie the ends of the tubing.
4. Take one end of the tubing and twist it like a candy wrapper and use the string to tie it tight.
Then use your fingers and rub the other end until it opens. Repeat this two more times
5. intention a pipet to put 10 ml of the appropriate solutions in for each one bag:
Bag 1: 10 ml 10% sucrose
Bag 2: 10 ml Distilled Water
Bag 3: 10 ml 10% Sucrose
6. philander as much air as possible come on of the tubes and tie the remanding open sides shut.
7. Make sure to cut the extravagance string hanging off of each bag.
8. Locate the digital balance scale and weigh each bag. Make sure to dry the bags before weighting them and also zero out the scale before weighing each bag.
9. After put down the mass of each bag locate your beakers and place each bag in the...If you want to get a spacious essay, order it on our website: Orderessay
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my essay .